24.7.10

Routines

My evening routine makes me happy. I am not sure about why, but it does. Not while I am doing it, but in the morning when I wake up and can just push one button to make my coffee, and a clean sink. *Sigh* just thinking about it right now makes me at peace. Weird I know. So what is my evening routine?
1. I prepare my coffee maker with my coffee for the morning.
2. I clean my sink, and wipe down the kitchen counters.
3. I make my husbands lunch.
4. I fill my dog's bowls.
5. I prep my phone, whether that is putting it on charge or just turning it off.
6. I fill my water cup for the night.

Why do these specific things? To give "blessings" to each of my family members, even the dog. When I bless others it makes me feel good. That is the nature of life. I like the reward it gives. I am a sinful woman and I like making myself feel better about myself. But it also gives me peace so that I can sleep. Peace of mind that things are in order. Control is a struggle of mine, so calling it peace and order helps me think of it not in my control.
I have never been a person of routine, but I am loving and thriving on it. Am I just getting older? or have I just changed, like our taste buds are supposed to change every so often. Not sure which, but I like it. I have only been doing this set of routines for 2 weeks. I know 2 weeks is not a long time, but when I was first married for 2 weeks I wanted it to last for ever, I want this to last forever too. Not only for me, but I want to teach my children too. As long as they can be productive and happy with something like this, I want it to be a lesson they learn from me.
Thats all I got for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment