18.2.11

Chai

I found a great looking recipe here at Back to her Roots. I have been enjoying more and more tea lately, but I haven't been able to give up the richness, and fullness that the coffee gives to me. This recipe looks promising to me in that richness regard. I can't wait to make this for my good friends and my loving husband.

2 c. water

1 black tea bags
1 cinnamon stick
2 whole cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
6 cardamom seeds, crushed
2 c. milk
1/4 c. sugar
Cinnamon for garnish

Bring first six ingredients in a medium sauce pan to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in milk and sugar, bring back to a boil and remove from heat. Strain into mugs, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.

Makes 2 large mugs or 4 small.


Click over to here to see a more detailed approach. Plus wonderful pictures, that I am very jealous of, but none the less, its her recipe and not mine. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment