24.10.11

T4A

I enjoyed the T4A conference more than I can express right now. I am still processing all that I learned. Main things I learned? Gospel. Keep motivations in check. Submission. Grace. There is an orphan crisis, and it is HUGE.

Its so easy to just watch the precious adoption videos and say, "wow, that is such a sweet thing to do. Let's adopt. It looks like such a blessing." When we need a reality check. That is a video. A temporary suspension of disbelief. The words they say are much more pregnant than they appear. "it was a struggle to have to leave our son in that orphanage." cue sad kind of music. Struggle? hmm.. lets camp out on that word.

Struggle. This little word could mean, many days of heartache. Many tears. Many unspoken words. Emotions running wild. Stress on a marriage. Depression... But all we hear is that one sentence, and see the beautiful family playing together. Happily playing together.

Reality check. The real world is the glorious story of adoption by God. God made man for himself. We are his possession. What is Gods understanding of adoption? It the story of the Bible.

What is my motivation for adopting? Wow, really? That's the question of the day? I haven't quite processed that one just yet. I will need to come back to that.

Pray. Pray without ceasing. Pray in everything. James 5 tells us that God answers prayer. Pray with boldness. Pray specifically asking for those things you want. God's Will will be done. Might not be what you asked for, but His will is going to be done.

What then? after my reality check and praying boldly Whats next. Seek wise counsel. Ever wonder why this is? I never thought about it. When we are praying, we are seeking God's counsel. But He is not gonna give us a talking bush on fire. (I wish) Seek others around you. Those who have been through these types of issues. Even if you know what they are gonna say. But then also ask yourself, who am I avoiding? Huh? Avoiding. Who do I not want to ask their advice because I know its gonna conflict with my hopes. If we avoid some people to seek advice from, we might be blinding ourselves. Our vision has already been clouded by the Fall. Seek counsel.

Patience. Must be Patient. Pray. Seek counsel and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment